kolab web admin not creating shared mailboxes

• Hello All, My Kolab16 on Centos7 is no longer creating shared folders from the web interface.

There are no errors reported in the web interface and I cannot find anything in the logs. I have checked Cyrus from the cyradm (thanks Sibio) tool and the mailbox is not created.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to find the problem?

thanks Marko

• Hi Marko,

just my best guess: I've just tried to reproduce your issue and it's still working for me. However, I'm guessing that if you touched the initial connexion on 9993 port, it might break Kolab/Cyrus interconnexion? Do you think that could make sense?

Raynald

• Raynald, it has not been working for a couple of weeks so It's not the port issue for cyradm. I needed cyradm to find if the mailbox was being created and your post was very timely.

• As far as I understand the role of Guam in Kolab, I think it is Guam related, have you tried that?

https://kolabsys.com/about/guam/troubleshooting.html

• @sibio guam works ok, no errors. I don't think it is guam related.

In my understanding, guam filters out imap requests for groupware folders from non-groupware clients like plain thunderbird so users don't delete the Calendar folder accidently.

I think that kolab would directly create the mailboxes via the command line rather than imap. Anyway, I can create folders from Kontact, so I don't think that is the issue.

• when I try kolab list-mailboxes, I get a crash:

[root@shiraz kolab-webadmin]# kolab list-mailboxes
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/kolab", line 39, in <module>
    kolab = Cli()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/cli/init.py", line 73, in init
    commands.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/cli/commands.py", line 138, in execute
    commands[cmd_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/cli/cmd_list_mailboxes.py", line 82, in execute
    imap.connect()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/imap/init.py", line 216, in connect
    self._set_socket_keepalive(self.imap.m.sock)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/imap/init.py", line 851, in _set_socket_keepalive
    with open('/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time', 'r') as f:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time'

I am running centos7 in an lxc container on Debian Jessie.
    sysctl.conf has net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1 on the debian host

• I mounted the /proc filesystem rw in the container config by setting

lxc.mount.auto = proc:rw

in my container config

now my tcp config is ok but cyrus has an auth failure:

[root@shiraz ~]# kolab list-mailboxes
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/kolab", line 39, in <module>
    kolab = Cli()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/cli/init.py", line 73, in init
    commands.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/cli/commands.py", line 138, in execute
    commands[cmd_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/cli/cmd_list_mailboxes.py", line 82, in execute
    imap.connect()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/imap/init.py", line 170, in connect
    self._imap[hostname].login(admin_login, admin_password)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/imap/cyrus.py", line 142, in login
    cyruslib.CYRUS.login(self, *args, **kw)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cyruslib.py", line 419, in login
    self.__doexception("LOGIN", error)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cyruslib.py", line 359, in __doexception
    self.__doraise( function.upper(), msg )
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cyruslib.py", line 368, in __doraise
    raise CYRUSError( idError[0], mode, msg )
    cyruslib.CYRUSError: (10, 'LOGIN', 'authentication failure')

• T2094 https://git.kolab.org/T2094 says this is a known lxc problem and is fixed, but it does not work for me

• I am using this patch as a fix.
    https://github.com/TBits/KolabScripts/blob/KolabWinterfell/kolab/patches/fixPykolabIMAPKeepAlive.patch

I have not checked if that is the solution in git.kolab.org, or if that is in Winterfell already or not.

• It seems that the 3.16 kernel upgrade for debian 8 breaks lxc for kolab on centos7. I have tested with debian 9 running a centos7 container for kolab and everything works.