Kolab produces errors after installation

• I installed Kolab 16 on Ubuntu 16.04 with nginx and OpenLDAP. After reinstalling I noticed that the installation process does not cause any errors. When running the setup process, this is my full output:

setup-kolab --with-openldap
    postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/transport.db: duplicate entry: "shared@example.org"
    postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/transport.db: duplicate entry: "shared@example.org"
    ERROR: Can't change dir to "/var/lib/clamav"
    Failed to restart amavisd.service: Unit amavisd.service not found.
    postfix.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable postfix
    Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory
    Synchronizing state of clamav-daemon.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable clamav-daemon
    wallace.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable wallace
    Synchronizing state of mysql.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable mysql
    What MySQL server are we setting up?
    / 1: Existing MySQL server (with root password already set).
    / 2: New MySQL server (needs to be initialized).
    Choice: 1

Please supply the root password for MySQL, so we can set up user accounts for
    other components that use MySQL.

MySQL root password:

Please supply a password for the MySQL user 'kolab'. This password will be used
    by Kolab services, such as the Web Administration Panel.

MySQL kolab password [qdLKEAJ9CQMVlFV]:
    Confirm MySQL kolab password:

Please supply the timezone PHP should be using. You have to use a Continent or
    Country / City locality name like 'Europe/Berlin', but not just 'CEST'.

Timezone ID [UTC]: Europe/Berlin

Please supply a password for the MySQL user 'roundcube'. This password will be
    used by the Roundcube webmail interface.

MySQL roundcube password [mJITrnCKy8FgB3s]:
    Confirm MySQL roundcube password:
    Failed to restart httpd.service: Unit httpd.service not found.
    Failed to restart httpd.service: Unit httpd.service not found.
    saslauthd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable saslauthd
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script >saslauthd< overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script >saslauthd< overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script >saslauthd< overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script >saslauthd< overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
    kolab-saslauthd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable kolab-saslauthd
    cyrus-imapd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable cyrus-imapd
    kolab-server.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable kolab-server

I won't get asked for my OpenLDAP credentials.

• Support for OpenLDAP is experimental.

I don't know if anyone got it to work?

The default is to use dirsrv 389 for LDAP.

• Ok, I followed your advice, uninstalled OpenLDAP and installed 389 Directory Server instead.
    Then I continued with the setup. The errors are still the same and both frontends are still blank pages.
    (Even though I was now asked about Cyrus IMAP by kolab-setup). What about Amavis and Clamav? Shouldn't there be a option for configuration either? I tried using 'apt -f install' to find missing dependencies, but nothing was found.

$ setup-kolab

Please supply a password for the LDAP administrator user 'admin', used to login
    to the graphical console of 389 Directory server.

Administrator password [8kuQ]:

Please supply a password for the LDAP Directory Manager user, which is the
    administrator user you will be using to at least initially log in to the Web
    Admin, and that Kolab uses to perform administrative tasks.

Directory Manager password [yHcA]:
    Confirm Directory Manager password:

Please choose the system user and group the service should use to run under.
    These should be existing, unprivileged, local system POSIX accounts with no
    shell.

User [dirsrv]:
    Group [dirsrv]:

This setup procedure plans to set up Kolab Groupware for the following domain
    name space. This domain name is obtained from the reverse DNS entry on your
    network interface. Please confirm this is the appropriate domain name space.

example.org [Y/n]:

The standard root dn we composed for you follows. Please confirm this is the root
    dn you wish to use.

dc=example,dc=org [Y/n]: n
    Root DN to use: dc=example2,dc=com

Setup is now going to set up the 389 Directory Server. This may take a little
    while (during which period there is no output and no progress indication).

Please supply a Cyrus Administrator password. This password is used by Kolab to
    execute administrative tasks in Cyrus IMAP. You may also need the password
    yourself to troubleshoot Cyrus IMAP and/or perform other administrative tasks
    against Cyrus IMAP directly.

Cyrus Administrator password [uLab]:
    Confirm Cyrus Administrator password:

Please supply a Kolab Service account password. This account is used by various
    services such as Postfix, and Roundcube, as anonymous binds to the LDAP server
    will not be allowed.

Kolab Service password [BBPa]:
    Confirm Kolab Service password:
    Incorrect confirmation. Please try again.
    Kolab Service password [BBPa]:
    Confirm Kolab Service password:

ERROR: /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log is locked by another process
    ERROR: Problem with internal logger (UpdateLogFile = /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log).
    Failed to restart amavisd.service: Unit amavisd.service not found.
    postfix.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable postfix
    Synchronizing state of clamav-daemon.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable clamav-daemon
    wallace.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable wallace
    Synchronizing state of mysql.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install...
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable mysql
    What MySQL server are we setting up?
    1: Existing MySQL server (with root password already set).
    2: New MySQL server (needs to be initialized).
    Choice: 1

Please supply the root password for MySQL, so we can set up user accounts for
    other components that use MySQL.

MySQL root password:

Please supply a password for the MySQL user 'kolab'. This password will be used
    by Kolab services, such as the Web Administration Panel.

MySQL kolab password [Z3bjCqTvwr6uGTZ]:
    Confirm MySQL kolab password:

Please supply the timezone PHP should be using. You have to use a Continent or
    Country / City locality name like 'Europe/Berlin', but not just 'CEST'.

Timezone ID [UTC]: Europe/Berlin

Please supply a password for the MySQL user 'roundcube'. This password will be
    used by the Roundcube webmail interface.

MySQL roundcube password [-ZA9BFJt-yiTSLW]:
    Confirm MySQL roundcube password:
    apache2.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable apache2
    apache2.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable apache2
    saslauthd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable saslauthd
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script saslauthd overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script saslauthd overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
    insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script saslauthd overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
    insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script saslauthd overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
    kolab-saslauthd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable kolab-saslauthd
    cyrus-imapd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable cyrus-imapd
    kolab-server.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
    Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable kolab-server

• @timotheus I also have to mention that every time I ran through the setup process, I have to change the assets directory in "/etc/roundcubemail/config.inc.php" to this $config['assets_path'] = '/assets/' manually to see at least the login mask of roundcube. (When pressing "Login" the blank page appears.)

• When you say you run again kolab-setup, is that on a fresh machine? I don't think you can run kolab-setup multiple times.

Roundcubemail: just thinking, perhaps you got the roundcubemail package from Ubuntu rather than the Kolab repo? did you "pin the obs.kolabsys.com origin as a preferred source" as described in https://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/ubuntu-16.04.html?

• No, but when I uninstall Kolab I use purge to remove all my configurations. So basically it should work..

The pin file was created, and I noticed, that roundcubemail gets installed from the Kolab source.

• What is with this Git repo for Net_LDAP3? Can I use this? Into which directory should I install it?
    https://git.kolab.org/project/profile/27/

• Or probably Kolab is not working due to PHP 7.0 ?

• I finally got it to work, after installing it onto a clean system. Thank you for your support.

• I am glad it works for you now!