Kolab is a secure, scalable and reliable groupware server. It is formed by a number of well-known and proven components and adds intelligent interaction between them. There's a web administration interface, management of free-busy lists and resources, synchronization for several devices and more. Various clients can access Kolab, among them Kontact (KDE), Outlook (Windows) and Roundcube (Web). Best of all, Kolab is Free Software, so you are free to use, study, share and improve it.
There is a webclient demo of Kolab offered by Kolab Systems, in case you want to see Kolab in action.
Technically, Kolab consists of many components. Here are the ones writte by the Kolab Community:
- kolab-wap - Kolab Web Administration Panel
- pykolab - Kolab Python Utilities
- Kolab ActiveSync Server - Kolab Backend for Mobile Synchronization
- roundcubemail-plugins-kolab - Kolab Plugins for Roundcube
- libkolab - Advanced Kolab Object Handling Library
- libkolabxml - Kolab XML Format Schema Definitions Library
- libcalendaring - Advanced Calendaring Routines handling library
Video tag not supported. Download the video here.